You have no items in your shopping cart.
Martin 000-28ECLH Clapton Crossroads Madagascar Rosewood LH #M1704061
Classic styling with a tight-waisted Auditorium body shape, the 000-28 has solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, a Sitka spruce top, polished gloss finish and a hand-fit dovetail neck joint. This model produces a rich and full-bodied tone, making it the ideal guitar for the intermediate and advanced player
- Model: 000-28
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X''
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- Heelcap: White Boltaron
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- # of Frets Clear: 14
- # of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12Th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss ; Sunburst Available At Additional Cost.
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed W/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Sp Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (Msp7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White W/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black
Martin 000-28ECLH Clapton Crossroads Madagascar Rosewood LH #M1704061
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Gars
- My wife bought my Martin 000-28EC as an early birthday gift. I had just broken my foot off my ankle and, as expected, my 28EC helped me pass the time and heal much quicker while laid up. Like my wife, my Martin is a gem. I have to confess that I haven't even used a pick on this guitar yet, because she is such a consummate prize. Iâ€™ve only finger-pick my way through recordings, using both my Mojave Audio MA-200 vacuum tube condenser and AKG C-451-B cardioid condenser mics, both of which I purchased through Guitars china, too! Thanks, Bill Lewis! Even finger-picking this baby is huge with just vocal-guitar treatment and two mics. MY Martin was flawless and perfectly set up out of the box. I replaced the strings with Elixir Nanoweb Lights 12-53's and my Martin rings from here to the Himalayas â€“ simply unparalleled action and sound. I guess one day Iâ€™ll get around to using a pick, but for now finger-picking is all I prefer on my recordings â€“ she is simply that special...just like my wife. (Posted on 6/24/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by rick
- I'm one of these guys that owns about 15-20 guitars and this is the one I play everyday. I've only owned it for two years but yet it has this deep, beautiful tone that feels like an instrument with 30 years of age. Very easy playability and great sound all the way up the neck (I did get the action lowered about a year ago and that made a big difference). Obviously a great fingerstyle guitar but also really good for blues picking. Thanks Martin and EC. (Posted on 6/24/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Oldenkrusty
- I have owned 2 Laravees, 2Martins, 6Taylors, 2 Washburns, and several over $2,000 Classical guitars. I played classical for several years and now play acoustic. Normally I am not attracted to signature guitars, but when I played this one it had something special. Presently I have a Taylor GC8 and a Martin OMC Aura that I also like for different reasons. I didn't think I'd like the modified V neck on the EC, but as I get used to it I'm thinking it does feel right. I have small hands so this guitar is perfect plus the 1 3/4 inch width at the nut makes fingerstyle easier. At first I didn't like the tuners, but they work very smoothly and hold the strings in tune. Compared to the Taylor GC8 the Martin has a richer sound while retaining good clarity and separation. It does sound a lot like my OMC Aura, but I like the bass better. The short scale works well for me as I have small hands. Now let me say this. This guitar compares to any at any price that I have played. I have never played a better sounding guitar at even over $5,000 dollars. Always play a guitar first or get a return policy as every guitar sounds a little different from each other. I am very satisfied with this model in every way. (Posted on 6/24/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Bob_F
- This is one of the finest finger picking guitars I owne. Sound is crisp and full, everything you expect out of a ooo-martin. I felt the action for finger picking, slide and melodies was just perfect. Even the unusual neck shape fits well between your thumb and index finger and I find it to be more comfortable and ergonomic than clasic 50-60's style necks. This is the only finger picking gutar you will ever need. The appointments are a fine addition to martins 000 series. Guitars china for pros and the rest of us that love acustic blues. (Posted on 6/24/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Mark
- I waited for too many years to own a triple O, every time I thought about taking the plunge and bringing one home, I thought of 10 reasons I should save my money. Thanks to Guitars china, I finely did it. Ryan Murphy, my girlfriend is really mad at you...and it’s gonna cost me a trip to the jewelry store but it was so worth it. Thanks for the great advice and service. This guitar plays great, sounds better. The neck is a perfect match for both finger style, and flat picking. It reminds me of an old Martin I had a chance to play back in the early seventys. Makes you play different. The 00028EC's tone and volume is balanced and smooth on its own, I put a Fishman Matrix Infinity pick-up in it, the tone dial is magic it gets loud and still sounds acoustic, and still no feedback. Get one and dig in. You won’t be disappointed. I spent the last four days recording with my band and I’m doing some overdubs with my triple O 28ec…I hear how it sounds in my headphones and I smile. (Posted on 6/24/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Corey
- For years since really getting into the guitar, from any guitar i could even dream of owning, this blew them all away. When I finally made the big step and spent my savings on it, I have never looked back. This guitar just sings, plain and simple! Beautiful tone, amazing feel, it really is a work of art. I am so proud to say I own one of these and can't recommend enough for people who are interested to just go and get one, you will not be dissapointed (Posted on 6/24/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Billy
- I have been wanting a nice Martin for some time. I've been playing a Guild and a Fender acoustic and decided it was time to step up to something better. I did a lot of research and I played dozens of guitars before deciding on the 000-28EC. When I played this guitar everything just clicked, it was perfect for me. The 1 3/4 nut, the short scale and the modified V-neck was just what I was looking for. After putting this guitar through it's paces I can say it is the best acoustic I've ever played. It just sounds incredible! I sit and pluck the strings and just listen to it resonate inside the body! The notes are all crisp and clear and it has plenty of projection. It works great for finger picking, but is also a nice when strummed. The sustain is unbelievable. As for build quality what can I say, it's perfect. Not a flaw on the guitar. The nut is the nicest factory cut I've ever seen. And I just love the dark ebony fret board. It came perfectly set up from Guitars china and just needed a quick tune and I was playing. The action is very low and not one bit of fret buzz on any string at any fret. No need to spend more on a set up with this beauty! (Posted on 6/23/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by mark
- This is an amazing guitar. It sounds wonderful and is easy to play.Guitars china gave me a great deal. Highly recommend Martin and Guitars china. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by kevin smith
- Owned two prior Martins before this including an HD28 and both of them felt like good acoustic guitars. This guitar is different, the tone and the feel of the neck is unlike any other guitar I've ever played. It took the joy of playing guitar to another level. I don't know what makes this guitar special but it becomes clear every time I pick it up. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by catherine
- I've had my 00-28ec for about 18 months now… I bought it new because there were simply none of these guitars available for purchase second hand. Once you own one, it's easy to see why. The more you play this guitar the more it opens up. I've been taking weekly lessons since I bought this guitar, and it gets played about 10 – 12 hours a week. The tone is continually developing more depth. I love this guitar the way a man loves a best friend. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by customer
- I've played for about 15 years and have been looking for an acoustic that would stop my search for a better sounding/playing acoustic. This is it - hands down. Can't make excuses for my equipment anymore! (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by mike
I've had this guitar for about 2 years now. This is without a doubt the best guitar I've played for finger-style guitar. It's very touch sensitive, warm, and expressive.
I would say that if you don't finger pick at all, you may want to spend the cash in another direction. The sensitivity of the guitar is great for finger work, but if you try to jam out with a flatpick it seems to squelch out a bit ( not a lot, but a this price point you shouldn't get this baby if all you do is flatpick).
That said, just a beautiful, comfortable, and easy guitar to play.
" (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by paula
"I'm an older guy who has played and owned quite a few acoustic guitars.
I've listened closely to many as I've played them and soaked up they're vibe. I owned a HD-28 because that was the instrament artists chose to get that big vibe but with a back and shoulder condition, it was too uncomfortable for me to play. I thought a smaller body guitar would sound too small. Well my 000-28 dosn't sound small at all! It's not as loud, but it has more tone and vibe and the short scale gives the strings a looser feel. It seems to me that the big dreadnought bass just got in the way. We are all putting pickups or mic's in acoustics now, so why does your guitar have to be a dreadnought ? The answer is it dosn't !
The Martin 000-28: 1st Class American Classic. Excellent fit and finish.
Fine craftmanship, Soul-o-Tone......." (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Jim L.
- Lovely little guitar. Tone is very balanced across the registers and man does this thing project! Very similar to a Engleman Spruce top classical guitar I own, but much louder if you want it to be. Action is good, its a joy to play. I can't wait for it to mature a little. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Ken
- Totally amazed at the big sound and amount of resonance that comes out of this guitar. Playability is awesome, and the body size makes it easy to play for hours at a time. I think this is my new favorite! Always a pleasure to deal with the folks at Guitars china , even hooked me up with expedited shipping to get her out of the heat quicker. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Eric
- let me begin by saying that this is the first time that I have ever felt compelled to review a guitar. I'm an old dude and have played guitar most of my adult life. I've been fortunate to have owned many fine acoustics over the years from many different builders.That said, I have always preferred Martins.For me there's just something about there tone/vibe. I rarely purchase new and have never bought one in this price range without first playing it. Problem is,no shop in my area sells this particular model and they almost never show up locally on the secondary market. So after clearing it first with my better half (always a good idea:) I decided to take the plunge and order one. I've always felt comfortable dealing with Guitars china. There staff is knowledgeable and they have qualified techs on site who go over the guitar before shipping it out. I also liked being able to pick from a selection with detailed pictures. Having 30 days to try it out doesn't hurt either. This a review is based on 20-30hrs.playing time plus 72hrs of initial conditioning using a ToneRite G3. On arrival guitar was perfectly setup and visually flawless... beautiful Rosewood back and sides and a perfectly straight grained Spruce top with just a hint of natural aging (not a fan of toner). Initially the guitar sounded very green (which is not surprising). I'm not a big fan of the Martin strings that came on the guitar so I decided to switch them out to what I like (D'Addario EJ16s) and put the guitar on the ToneRite for 72hrs. Big improvement...started to sound like a Martin. Fast forward to 3 weeks later and I absolutely love this guitar. It's already starting to open up. Though not huge volume wise (like my D-35) it has a beautiful balanced tone. Very articulate. I can only imagine how good it will sound as it matures. I love its low profile neck as well as its nut width. It fits my medium sized hand perfectly.The action is smooth and fast. Easy player. I go back and forth between pick and fingerstyle playing and the guitar handles both wonderfully. Its 24.9" scale length is nice for bends (and these old fingers). Not much to complain about other than at this price the case should be a 5-ply and not thermoplastic.Speaking of plastic what's with the plastic pins?(even my 000-28 came with ebony pins) Guess you can't have everything. Just like my good woman...this one will be a companion for life. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Aaron
- Purchased the Martin 000-28 from Guitars china. As indicated in other reviews, Guitars china was terrific to deal with. The guitar arrived just as promised and was in perfect condition. The set-up was great. Kyle Malone went above and beyond to review a couple of guitars for me before I selected this particular one. While I wasnâ€™t physically there, I felt Kyle really tried to find what I was looking for and I ended up with a great guitar. I really appreciate the attention to detail and great customer service. The Martin 000-28 is a fantastic guitar. The 24.9" scale length makes it really easy and a pleasure to play. Tone is great. In addition, the guitar smells amazing. It may sound crazy but add the sense of smell to your musical experience and you practically have it all. Iâ€™m completely happy with the purchase. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- MARTIN 000-28ECLH CLAPTON CROSSROADS Review by Andrew
- I absolutely love my new Martin 000-28. We had just visited the Martin Factory in Nazareth,PA for my birthday in March. I picked up a Martin 000-28 and played it. It had wonderful sound, sustain and felt soo good in my hands. A week later I contacted Tyler B , my sales advisor from Guitars china. I picked out my guitar based on the photos online (I wanted the darker rosewood back) and Tyler brought it to his desk and personally checked it out for me. It's only because of the exceptional customer service and photos online did I purchase my Martin online. I felt completely confident with my choice. The guitar arrived a few days later. I changed the strings to Elixir PB Nanoweb lights and I have not stopped playing it since. (Posted on 6/22/2016)