You have no items in your shopping cart.
Martin D45 standard dreadnought acoustic guitar
To make you a satisfied customer! guitarsofchina friendly instrument Luthiers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the guitars, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the products and technologies. They are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you need it.
If you are looking for the top dog in Martin's production lineup, do not hesitate to try the Martin D45. It's no coincidence that prewar D-45s are some of the most sought-after guitars in the world — and not just because they're so rare; the D-45 model is simply the pinnacle of a premium brand.
At first glance ,you will be attracted by the D-45 for its elegant looks. you'll soon find that the heart of this guitar truly lies in the big yet detailed sound it gives you. Martin constructed the D-45's back and sides from solid East Indian rosewood, which, in combination with a solid Sitka spruce top, provides you with a rich tonality and the kind of acoustic punch you need to make yourself heard. You'll also love the D-45's premium solid black ebony fingerboard and bridge.This beautiful dreadnought still boasts abalone pearl top, side, and back inlays, and its fingerboard features distinctive hexagonal Style 45 position inlays.
The Martin D-45 Standard Series guitar plays ,and looks like the legend it is!
The Martin D-45 is a steel-string acoustic guitar，was manufactured from 1933 to 1942, and in a second production series since 1968.
Martin originally made the guitar's sides and backs of Brazilian rosewood. Martins are ranked among the highest-quality, as well as among the most expensive guitars, and the D-45, regarded as one of the first "luxury guitars",was listed in 2011 as the most valuable production-model guitar. We have no doubt to say that the D45 is the flagship of Martin dreadnought guitar.
Get one from guitarsofchina, a big, open sound, gorgeous appointments, and the kind of playability will make you want to pick it up again and again,
this is the most ornate instrument Martin offer in that series, featuring hand inlaid pearl and premium tonewoods.
Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
Body Size: D-14 Fret
Top: Solid aaa Sitka Spruce
Rosette: Style 28
Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
Back Material: Indian Rosewood
Back Purfling: Style 45
Side Material:Indian Rosewood
Endpiece Inlay: none
Binding: Grained Ivoroid
Top Inlay Style: Style 45
Side Inlay: Style 45
Back Inlay: Style 45
Neck Material: Select Hardwood
Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
Nut Material: Bone
Headstock: Diamond/Square Taper
Headplate:East Indian Rosewood
Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
Fingerboard Material: Black Ebony
Scale Length: 25.4''
Number of Frets Clear: 14
Number of Frets Total: 20
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflakes - Select Abalone Pearl
Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
Tuning Machines: Gold Open-Geared w/ Butterbean knobs
Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Select Pearl Dots
Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
Guitarsofchina is a leading manufacturer of acoustic, acoustic/electric, and electric guitars, and offers an extensive Build to Order custom cheap guitar program. Contact with us directly， email@example.com,will get gift!
- Their customer service is truly exceptional. Review by Steve Waite
I am very happy that I purchased this guitar and it has given me the desire to spend more time playing. As far as doing business with Guitars of China, I have to say that it was an excellent experience and I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. Their customer service is truly exceptional.
(Posted on 8/10/2016)
- As much as like it this guitar Review by Fred B.
As much as like it this guitar I've got to say that Guitars of China's customer service is second to none. Responsive, courteous, efficient. Guitars of China will always be my first stop shop for all my musical equipment needs.
(Posted on 8/10/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by AHorn
- I've been playing steel string & nylon string guitar for over 18 years now and can honestly say that this piece of work is so much fun to play and it has the bright, clean, even, crisp, clear, awesome tone,. Seriously couldn't be happier with the guitar. I played around for a few weeks at local shops and was skeptical about just buying one online but this thing was built well and just sounds awesome !! It's a Martin, come on, virtually every other luthier tries to replicate them.I give it five stars without question! (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by Emily Elkins
- This guitar was excellent for trips. It was one of the heaviest guitars ive ever held despite its smaller size. The pros would however be that you dont have to worry about it too much. Its pretty ding and scratch resistant and the sound is not too bad for what it is. (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by Eli M.
- Wow! This thing really sounds terrific. I really didn't know what to expect, and in fact is very comfortable to hold and play. But the sound is a huge upgrade for my son's starter guitar. I think I may end up playing it more than he does, if he'll let me. ;-) (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by Ldechica
- Durable, great tone, affordable, and great for traveling! The instrument arrived essentially ready to be played, just needed to be tuned. The stock strings are fairly good Martin strings as well! (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by Deedra
- The tone, harmonics, and balance are far more than what I expected. This was a gift for the grandson. Now I think I need to order another for one of us. Somewhere there is a place for this little wonder as a main piece on stage . I can't seem to put the Martin down and am continuously finding new effects to create with it. As a travel piece or just an unusual sound this instrument excels. I have now bought two! (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by roxxie
- The martin was just right. While it's not as brassy and clear as the Taylor, the action and overall feel for me is incredible. The volume is more than enough to keep up with my friends when we jam outside and while I haven't been to a large group jam with it yet (it's only been about a week since I bought it) I have no doubt it will do just fine later this summer when I have a sit down with the blue grass boys.IOverall, extremely pleased. (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by R.G.
- I bought this for my husband's birthday and the sound is phenomenal! It sounds better than most regular sized guitars. The finish on the wood is even prettier in person. I could not be happier with this purchase! (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by Lovely Jane Gill
- My first guitar!Actually the first day I had it, I noticed a huge difference in my comfort level, the ease of learning and making chords, and the great full sound of this new found hobby. My guitar teacher borrowed it and also loved it. She even kept it longer than she had planned to show some other musicians and play in her jam group. I pick it up everyday and try something new. If you think guitars are all uncomfortable, get this one. I can't believe I waited this long to find this out! It stays in tune really well and was ready to play right out of the box. The gig bag that comes with it is perfect, and I got a guitar stand which shows off the beautiful Koa-like wood finish. All you need to have is the desire to play, and you will with this one. (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by Nesli
- great guitar. built like a tank, heavy for its size. koa has a good acoustic guitar sound with a touch of ukelele to it. would definitely buy again. i will be keeping this for a long time. its now my everyday guitar so i can keep the good ones in their cases. (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by T. Marushia
- I'll keep this short this is a great guitar for anything you can throw at it! Easy to take along anywere an good enough to play all the time. Very fun to play. There's nothing I don't like about any of the martin models. I play mine all the time and at night the most when everyone is sleeping. (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by arcy70
- Beautiful resonance and good volume for a plywood guitar! The neck is sized for an adult hand. Maybe a medium. Very sturdy construction and yet, it is the lightest guitar I've ever picked up.I love it. This is what you get when a top of the line company (Martin) builds a guitar without all the window dressing and perfect slices of wood. An excellent sounding guitar even if is HPL. Martin would never put its name on a crummy sounding guitar. It just sounds great! Like you expect from Martin. The best. (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by LVesper
- I'm a 47 year old man and just starting on guitar...finally! I picked up a used fender last year and never really got going with it since I felt it was to bulky and it was not comfortable. I am medium build and I guess average hands, and I'm 5'9". I took a chance with this little martin and it feels perfect. I was worried it would be too small but then we have adults that play an even smaller ukulele, don't they? It sounds great and looks great. Don't let the fake wood deter you. Martin makes great products...except that backpacker guitar was a flop. The gig bag it came with is nice too. I have no regrets. (Posted on 6/26/2016)
- MARTIN D45 Review by lucy burany
- his is a fabulous little guitar. I bring it with me everywhere - pop it out of the case (it holds its tuning very well) and play it. Friends of mine try it, are impressed with how easily it plays and ask me who I had set it up, and I tell them that's how it came out of the box, because that is how it came out of the box: ready to go. It sounds great - a little small (of course), but it is very balanced and clear - really lovely tone. Well intonated, plays great all over the neck. And rugged - it's basically made out of Pergo flooring material and you can't scratch it. The only downside is it is a little bit head heavy - the head has nice, quality tuners and there is a lot of weight up there. This is a tiny downside, really. (Posted on 6/26/2016)