You have no items in your shopping cart.
Known for its strong bass response, the D-35 Dreadnought features a three-piece back in a bound fingerboard. The D-35 adds a Sitka spruce top to the East Indian rosewood back and sides. It’s the guitar of choice for bluegrass and folk music. Perfect for the intermediate and advanced player
Body Size: D-14 Fret
Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
Rosette: Style 28
Back: 3 pieceSolid East Indian Rosewood
Side: Solid East Indian Rosewood
Endpiece: White Boltaron
Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White
Back Inlay: B/W Boltaron
Neck: Solid Genuine Mahogany
Neck Shape: Low Profile
Headstock: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Standard Taper
Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Gold Foil Logo
Heelcap: White Boltaron
Fingerboard: Solid Striped Ebony
Scale Length: 25.4"
Number of Total Frets: 20
Fingerboard Binding: White Boltaron
Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss/ Dark Filler
Finish Top: Polished Gloss
Finish Neck: Semi Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain/ Dark Filler
Bridge: Striped Ebony
Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
Tuning Machines: Gotoh Chrome w/ Large Knobs
- Other Options:Available left-handed at no additional charge
- Other Comments:All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.
Martin HD35 LH
- SCztRYnBXhJDoBE Review by JimmiXS
- XYIxm3 http://www.FyLitCl7Pf7kjQdDUOLQOuaxTXbj5iNG.com (Posted on 8/8/2016)
- PitXFnAxsf Review by JimmiXS
- MRDySu http://www.FyLitCl7Pf7kjQdDUOLQOuaxTXbj5iNG.com (Posted on 8/8/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by Morrison
- Hats off to Marting and Devin for putting this amazing instrument in my hands. Not only does it play effortlessly but sounds too good. Can't wait for it to get a few years on it and open up even more. I had my local Martin guitar tech install an Anthem pickup in it, (note: only a Martin certified shop can install a pickup or preamp and not void the warranty). It was a good decision to go with Guitars china, and Devin really impressed me with the personal touch and checking this guitar out from top to bottom. About 2 weeks after I got mine, a good friend bought one just like it because of how they helped me and the price could not be beat!!!!! Thanks again Martin for building a wonderful guitar and Devin, You both ROCK!!! Bob Trice. (Posted on 6/21/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by bill
- I have been a guitarist since 1977. My first acoustic was a Martin D-18. I sold it shortly after buying it because I found that the neck was to small for my big hands. I recently got the Martin bug and found a great one thru Devin. He personally played it and checked it out. It is amazing. The action and tone are better than my Gibson J-100 cutaway, an Eastman 800 series 6 string and a Eastman 630 Maple 12 string, a Guild GF-30, a Boucher Wild Goose and a Cole Clark Fat Lady 3. I am very impressed with how it came set up from Martin. All my guitars have very low action and when I had my tech install an Anthem system from L.R. Baggs we actually raised it a tick until it sets in. Could not be happier and it will be my go-to when I don't need a cutaway! (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by Michael
- It is a great guitar for sure. Easy to play, projects, balance, everything you want. also, a beauty. But one complaint, the strings buzz around the 10-12 fret range, also they buzz with a capo. i have not taken it to anybody for a pro setup and i might need to do that, although I feel like that should be done at the factory. (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by customer
- I am not a professional musician. I just like to play in the comfort of my home. I have 3 other guitars. But , this one has given me inspiration to begin playing again. The sound is awesome. Workmanship is outstanding. Great to see there are companies in the USA like Martin where the employees take pride in their work. (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by Customer
Great sound. It's louder than my HD 28. Thanks to Bart. He hasn't steered me wrong in 5 yrs.
(Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by Greg
- I bought my first D35 in 1996. It has turned into a beautiful instrument that simply drips tone. The action is so fast and the tone is unmatched by anything I have ever played. Gibson cannot hold a candle to a Martin D35.I have another I bought used a couple of months ago. It is a 2015 D35. Great sound and action. It is like having the baby and the grandpa together when I play them back to back. I promised my now adult children that one day one of them would get my D35 from 76. I bought the second so they both could have one. Now I cannot wait for them to be too old to play theirs, so I am giving them theirs this year and buying me another as soon as a 80's version fits the bill. Martin forever! I even bought my 8 year old grandson a baby Martin. Also great tone and action. (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by Ben
"I have played guitar for over 45 years. Many years ago, I was a semi-professional musician, and today I am serious hobbyist. Over the years, I have put together a collection of professional electric guitars (Fender, Gibson, Guild), but until now I have never owned a really superb acoustic guitar.
Recently I had the chance to play several new Gibson and Martin acoustic guitars and fell in love with a Martin D-35 because of its rich, three-dimensional tone and its strong bass. While in some ways I wanted this particular guitar, I knew from experience that this shop could not offer the same kind of service as Guitars china, so I called Tyler Moore.
Tyler was very helpful in answering some questions and helping me make my choice. He even played two different D-35s in stock and recommended which one to purchase based on my criteria. I ordered the guitar on a Friday and had it in my hands the next afternoon. It arrived, by the way, in perfect tune.
I know that the guitar will ""open up"" over years of playing and will continue to sound better and better, but I'm very happy with all aspects of my D-35. It has plenty of volume, but it is balanced in its sound rather than ""boomy."" Fit and finish are perfect--as I knew they would be. The action is neither super-high nor super-low, allowing me to play barre chords well up the neck. The neck, with its satin finish, is comfortable and fast, and the guitar balances nicely on my lap. It is the kind of guitar that makes me want to play--and that makes me a better player.
In some ways, I really didn't expect to buy a Martin. But when I played one, there was simply no question. There is a reason why Martin guitars have been so popular for decades. They simply sound the best. And for me, the best sound comes from a D-35."
(Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by David Hollen
- I have wanted a D-35 for a long time. I was concerned about buying a Martin without playing it first, but Jason was very helpful with selection and Guitars china setup was great. Played perfectly right out of the box and keeps performing better with each session. Thanks to Jason and all at Guitars china! (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by lily
- Over the years I have had numerous guitars. I have had several Martins and the D-35 is the best I've ever played or owned! If you want a guitar for a lifetime this is the one. (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by wilson
- I own six Martin guitars (HD-28, 1980 D-41, 000-15M, SWOMGT, GPCPA5K) and have played many more Martins. The D-35 is by far the best Martin I have ever played/heard. I love the way this guitar sings! I can hear the difference that the non-scalloped 1/4" bracing makes. I think this guitar sounds better than a D-28, HD-28, D-41 or an HD-35. Do yourself a favor and go play one of these. I promise you won't be disappointed. (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by DARCY
- I have wanted a Martin D-35 for about 2 years. Now I have one and it does not disappoint. The craftsmanship is in a class by itself and its tone is rich and powerful. I have a classic Guild T-100 (50 year old friend) and a Martin DC-16RGTE which are rich in tone and smooth in action. None of these guitars can compare with the beauty and sound of my D 35. I would recommend it and Guitars china's Chris Sanders to anyone who feels it is time to move up to a classic Martin. It is well worth the move. (Posted on 6/20/2016)
- Martin D35 Review by ROBERT
- What a superb instrument. The sound it emits will nearly bring tears to your eyes. The quality, craftsmanship and care that goes into building one of these instruments is nothing short of exceptional. Mine sounds wonderful already and I expect that through the years it will only sound better. (Posted on 6/20/2016)